Parents and volunteers
We seek to work as closely as possible with the parents of the children that we teach. We encourage parents or volunteers to get involved in a number of different ways including:
- Providing feedback and comments
- Attending open mornings, drop in and learning events
- Helping out in school, for example gardening, cooking, sharing expertise.
- Joining our Parents as Partners or Foot Steps programmes
- Reading Buddy volunteers. We have a number of parents and volunteers who regularly come into school and take on the role of a Reading Buddy. Our Reading Buddies assist us in ensuring every child has the opportunity to read with an adult on a frequent basis.
All volunteers will need to complete a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check (formerly CRB).