At Pound Hill Infant Academy we believe that a uniform enables pupils to feel a sense of belonging and to feel secure in their environment.
It encourages pupils to take a sense of pride in their appearance. For this reason, we request all pupils to be in full uniform at all times, unless otherwise agreed by the Senior Leadership team. We appreciate that uniform can be costly if any parent or carer requires support with uniform please feel free to contact either your Class Teacher or the main office.
All uniform must be clearly named, with the child’s first name and surname.
maroon sweatshirt / cardigan with embroidered Academy logo.
white polo shirt with embroidered Academy logo.
- maroon fleeces with embroidered Academy logo are available, if required, for outdoor use only.
- grey trousers or shorts (not black).
- grey skirt or pinafore dress (not black).
- plain black school shoes or plain black trainers with no logo or branded markings. Coloured trainers, boots or high heeled shoes are not permitted. If your child’s shoes have laces, please ensure that they are able to tie them.
- dark grey, black or white socks or dark grey, black or maroon tights.
Summer uniform might also include the following:
pink and white checked gingham dresses
sun hats (to be worn outside only).
We work in partnership with Taylor Made Uniforms Ltd. They offer:
- friendly efficient service offering good quality uniform at an affordable price
- availability to visit to try on uniform before you purchase, by appointment only
- free delivery to the Academy every Friday afternoon for you to collect from the office
- free returns or exchange
- online ordering system or by phone or email
- flexible method of payment, credit or debit card, cash or cheque.
A Taylor Made Uniform Order Form is available from the Academy office.
- No patterns or branding.
- Plain white round neck t-shirt.
- Maroon shorts.
- Lightweight trainers with Velcro fastening
- Maroon, black, dark grey, or dark blue jogging bottoms and sweat top as some PE lessons take place outside (weather permitting).
Additional uniform expectations
Pupils need to adhere to the following expectations:
One pair of gold or silver stud earrings may be worn. No other jewellery is permitted. It is strongly advised that earrings are not to be worn during PE lessons.
- Children may wear a watch. No other bracelets or bands are permitted
- A small key ring is advisable on a book bag to support children in identifying their belongings
- All children need a Maroon Pound Hill Infant Academy book bag and a named PE bag
- We advise children to wear long hair tied back. Hair should be of natural colour. Extreme hair-cuts will not be permitted and should be appropriate for the Academy environment, i.e. no Mohicans or fashionable shaved designs
- Hair accessories should be small, discreet and where possible in Academy colours (Maroon).
Items available from the academy office
- Bookbag with Academy logo £6.25
- P.E. Bag with Academy name £3.75
If you need any support with providing uniform for your children please come to the academy office.